Random Recents

  • at what age do you get over your birthday? at what age do you NEED to get over your birthday?? (9.6.09)
  • this fall semester (last major hurdle) is gonna be like that last 15 minutes of labor (so i've heard)...push it out AY! get it DONE! (9.6.09)
  • it ain't right. it ain't fair. how i've been away from this site that i use partially as my outlet. but i'm back. and trying to make a schedule of sharing time. a lot has happened. let's see how much of it matters. (9.2.09)
  • is seduction still in? (7.26.09)
  • damn, i ain't been here in a minute! (7.26.09)
  • it's july 4th people, i know. great bbq day for all! but please, remember how we really colonized this mofo. with mass genocide. remember your history! (7.4.09)
  • speechless. don't think it's hit me yet. R.I.P. Ed, Farrah & Michael. this week is too much! (6.25.09)

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nope.

I've been avoiding talking political talk. It's entirely too much for me; way over my head. HOWEVA, this Palin woman...

I must say that she is not bombing this debate as much as I thought she would. A few snide remarks, always her style, are in there of course. Didn't expect anything less of her. But two topics I'd like to briefly speak on before I resume back to my neuropsychology homework.

Same Sex Marriage


MIND YO BIZNAZZ!!! Who are you, "good" country o' America, to tell anyone who they can/cannot marry, insure with their benefits, and have basic rights? Why do you care? What does Bob and Ben's marriage to each other REALLY change within our system? With such a diverse population of people of different races, ethnicities, creeds, sexual orientations, able-bodiedness, etc., why is America still stuck on church and state? In about 2042, Caucasians are projected to no longer be the majority race in the United States.

I said it.

Caucasians will NO LONGER be the majority. Times is changin' folks, and you betta walk that mothertruckin' walk with 'em!

This statistic is all to say to the American people...it is not your duty to "tolerate" people's differences in this ever changing society; it is your duty, as a human being, as an equal opportunity player, to accept people's differences and respect them as well as respect what is not your business. Lawd knows I don't want to get into the hetero- homo- bi- queer trans- talk...I could go on forever. Blame my field of study. But people, please. Let this issue go. And let people be!

Rape Victims

Now Palin. Some have heard, and some haven't. But in your town of Wasilla Alaska, you were running amuck, and it disgusts me. How DARE you, HOW DARE YOU, propose, that rape victims, men/women who claim to be sexually violated, pay for their own forensic rape kit?

How can you make a law, re-traumatizing a victim of a crime, by making him/her pay for these services? What does this say to first offenders, repeat offenders, that their victims have to pay out of pocket for a procedure that can cost upwards of $1400?? How does this not give perpetrators a reason to CONTINUE PERPETRATING?!? Hmm. This seems like an easy equation to me.

making victims pay=victim re-traumatization=less men/women reporting being victims=perpetrator enabling=perpetrating increase.

No? Am I the only one seeing this?Maybe.

May the higer ups help us through this time of demise.

1 comment:

Kat S.W. said...

offtheblock!- I saw your post before I wrote mine, so I didn't want to touch on the topic again, but after I saw that PSA, I had to do it... OBAMA '08- that's all I gotta say.