Random Recents

  • at what age do you get over your birthday? at what age do you NEED to get over your birthday?? (9.6.09)
  • this fall semester (last major hurdle) is gonna be like that last 15 minutes of labor (so i've heard)...push it out AY! get it DONE! (9.6.09)
  • it ain't right. it ain't fair. how i've been away from this site that i use partially as my outlet. but i'm back. and trying to make a schedule of sharing time. a lot has happened. let's see how much of it matters. (9.2.09)
  • is seduction still in? (7.26.09)
  • damn, i ain't been here in a minute! (7.26.09)
  • it's july 4th people, i know. great bbq day for all! but please, remember how we really colonized this mofo. with mass genocide. remember your history! (7.4.09)
  • speechless. don't think it's hit me yet. R.I.P. Ed, Farrah & Michael. this week is too much! (6.25.09)

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

OTB's Resolutions

Not to brag, but I've got a lot and don't really need anything for Christmas. But, that never stops a girl from wanting! And by alot, I really mean love. I have great friends, an outstanding (and crazy, and neurotic inducing) family, good health, attainable goals and a promising future. I try not to ask for more. And the year of 2008 brought me feelings of love that I didn't know I had in me. And feelings I didn't know another person could have for me, for that matter.

So, I'm good.

I won't call these New Year's Resolutions (although they're obviously being made around the time) because they are continuous. I don't only want to work on these things from January 1st 2009, to maybe March, so I can say that I at least tried. These are ongoing things to keep me on my A game. Because I have no option to be on anything less, from here on out.

But 2009? I'm definitely comin' in swingin'. Nothing tangible. More interpersonal, intellectual, and interpsychic.

1. I need and want to be a better friend. I've changed, and the people who I know and love have changed. I need to find that balance, and work on it. Strong friendships can only make you a stronger person.

2. I'm declaring war on my will to be and to feel happy. I will think with my heart more (which may get me in trouble), but which I won't regret.

3. I will be more honest. With you, and with myself. Lying to yourself only hurts you in the end. And...my lies to myself never stick. So it's a damn waste of my time!

4. Care less. My energy levels aren't like they used to be, so caring about everything and anything just wears me out. This, will be a tough one, maybe my toughest, I promise.

5. Do more. I need to be more proactive than reactive.




And that's all I can think of for now. Again, nothing exhaustive, and ever-expanding. Off to wrap presents!

No comments: