Random Recents

  • at what age do you get over your birthday? at what age do you NEED to get over your birthday?? (9.6.09)
  • this fall semester (last major hurdle) is gonna be like that last 15 minutes of labor (so i've heard)...push it out AY! get it DONE! (9.6.09)
  • it ain't right. it ain't fair. how i've been away from this site that i use partially as my outlet. but i'm back. and trying to make a schedule of sharing time. a lot has happened. let's see how much of it matters. (9.2.09)
  • is seduction still in? (7.26.09)
  • damn, i ain't been here in a minute! (7.26.09)
  • it's july 4th people, i know. great bbq day for all! but please, remember how we really colonized this mofo. with mass genocide. remember your history! (7.4.09)
  • speechless. don't think it's hit me yet. R.I.P. Ed, Farrah & Michael. this week is too much! (6.25.09)

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The New Commitment?


(Miss Janet if ya Nasty, as the Virgin Janet)

Maybe it's just me, but I really thought that the days of tattin up ya current boo snatch's name anywhere on your body was over. Have we, as a people, not learned that most shit don't last? Most shit won't last? Most shit CAN'T last??? The state of Black relationships is already in a bad way, so I get it when we're extra hyped to be in a relationship and be in love, and feel something that appears to be longer lasting than a few hours, days, weeks, months, etc. But do we not learn from others who have made this mistake and now need to find various ways of coverup or removal? We all know at least ONE dude or woman who has a lover's name, nickname, streetname, or pet name somewhere on them.


(Dawn, on Que's yummy rightside waist)

And maybe I'm too jaded about relationships right now, but I just would not dare to get something permanent like a tat of said boo snatch's name on this beautiful brown skin. Does this make me pessimistic? Does this make my faith in my own ability to sustain relationships and be with men who can sustain a relationship shaky? I guess so, but you know what? I am completely fine with that. Even post-marriage, your name is not getting inked anywhere on this, I repeat, beautiful brown skin; I promise you. Now, I will admit, I was somewhat flattered when my ex mentioned getting my full name tatted on him. His hood booga way of showing me more love, of course. But, I also expressed to him time and time again, that it wasn't necessary, nor was it wanted/OK that he do this. Not because I didn't love him to pieces and want to be with him for "FO' EVA," but because I don't need all that, dear. You got me, and we know what it is (right now). The end. Did he do it anyway?

.......


Anyway.....this seems to be really what's hot, and not a fading trend. Are you guilty?

(Truly Blessed D. Gibson)

No comments: